Running Orange County Since 1979
As the very first social running club in Orange County, the club got its name as a joke when founder Dave Reynolds came bumper-to-bumper with a trail of snails on a morning run. He mused that the group was running “at a snail’s pace.” The self-deprecating name stuck, and A Snail’s Pace Running Club soon became the Mecca for Southern California runners in the 80s.
At A Snail’s Pace Running Club, all paces are welcome! The Run Club meets at A Snail’s Pace stores throughout the week and is led by a member of A Snail’s Pace team, we typically run a 5 mile loop which is announced on Strava. Participants are free to run or walk part of or the entire loop with the group.
Weekly run schedule
Monrovia: Mondays, at 5:45 pm, 6:00 pm run time.
Brea: Tuesdays, at 5:45 pm, 6:00 pm run time.
Fountain Valley: Wednesdays, at 5:45 pm, 6:00 pm run time.
Mission Viejo: Wednesdays, at 6:00 pm, 6:15 pm run time.
The Run Club also leads Saturday long runs every weekend throughout Orange County.
Running Club Members Enjoy
- Free coaching 5K, 10K, 13.1, and 26.2 races
- Discounts on all your purchases
- 10% discount in-store and online. 20% discount on all ASP items (excludes limited-release apparel)
- Priority access to ASP events
- Exclusive yearly team singlet
- 2024 team singlets, while supplies last
- Free Shipping on all online orders
- 60-day return policy on items
- Exclusive discount to your favorite races (20% off or more)
- Earn rewards points for attending fun runs, redeemable for digital ASP Gift Cards
- Members-only running events (Salt Creek Stampede, etc)
- Pacing team opportunities at SoCal’s biggest running events:
- Surf City Marathon & Half
- OC Marathon & Half
- Surf City 10
- Long Beach Marathon & Half
- Mission Inn Half
- plus more
- Dedicated members-only Facebook page and monthly email updates.
Run Club Events
As a mainstay in the Orange County running community. A Snail’s Pace works with our brand partners such as Nike, Adidas, HOKA and more to host pub runs and shoe demo events. We also frequently invite run clubs across Orange County to join us on runs and celebrate special events for our community, such as World Run Day, Hispanic Heritage Month and Earth Day.
5K, 10K, 13.1, 26.2 Coaching
Run Club members enjoy a personalized coaching program for 5K, 10K, 13.1 and 26.2 distances. Our Chief Run Officer will work with you to provide a 8-20 week coaching program with gradually increasing distances to keep you motivated and help you reach your goal. Videos and tips on your gait, warm ups, conditioning and more are also available.