1. Club membership is required to join the Race Team. However, by joining USATF / A Snail’s Pace Team #403 your $35 Club dues will be waived. www.usatf.org/membership/application/index.asp
2. 5K Qualifying Standards: Men : Open – 16:30, Masters – 17:30 Women: Open – 19:00, Masters – 20:00
(OK to submit other recent best distance times which will be converted to 5K equivalent.)
NOTES: a) Meeting the QT does NOT automatically guarantee acceptance on the Race Team, since it is limited to 10 members. b) an applicant with a QT slower than the standard, may be accepted if close to the standard.
3. RACE TEAM MEMBERS MUST WEAR TEAM UNIFORM IN ALL LOCAL RACES, and when accepting awards at post-race ceremonies. (OK to wear ASP or New Balance apparel at awards ceremonies, ie. Club jacket, Club tees.)
4. Race team members are expected to commit to and run (at least) six Club races.
5. Race team members are strongly encouraged to race in shoes from our co-sponsor New Balance, and wear NB shoes on the podium, pre-race, and post race if at all possible.
6. Race team members are expected to support the Club & Store by being A Snail’s Pace ambassadors. This entails showing up for at least one Club run and/or social activity per month.
7. Race Entry forms must be submitted to Bob Morris prior to their Early Registration deadline.
8. If you no show a race you submitted an entry to, you must reimburse entry fee to be eligible for future comp entries.
9. Race team members must not run any race unregistered (in other words, no bandit running).
Free Team uniform for new Team members (shorts & singlet); discount on other Team gear.
Store credit reimbursement at A Snail’s Pace Running Shops for Club race entry fees upon completion of each race (up to Half Marathon fee) for up to 12 Club races.
$50 store gift certificate awarded to the overall winner (Male/Female) of any Southern California race of 200 or more entrants when wearing a uniform. (May not be used in combination with discounted Team shoe purchases.)
New Balance shoes may be purchased at 40% discount — personal use only, 20%discount on all other store purchases.
Team speed workout every Tuesday evening.
Discounts on other non-Club races throughout the year.
Eligible for free pair of New Balance shoes given at end of each year to the most frequent participants in Club Races.
Total annual value of these benefits, with frequent participation is over $500! (based on year 2019 data)